Monday, May 28, 2012

Menu Plan Monday - May 28 - June 2

On last week's menu plan, I said I would let you know how well we followed the plan. I had great intentions. I really did. But then, my dad was readmitted to the hospital. I feel like that's a pretty good excuse for straying from the plan.


What We Ate
From the Menu Plan
Grilled Chicken, Carrot Risotto, Broccolette, and a Whole Wheat Cheddar Biscuit

Ham, Onion, Spinach, Tomato Quiche - I liked this, Lydia ate it with a little prodding, Jake was NOT a fan.

In the Hospital
Bacon, Eggs, Biscuits, Gravy, French Toast in many different combinations
Panera Muffins
Lots of Soy White Chocolate Mochas from Starbucks
Hospital Sushi
Hospital Mongolian Grill - this was actually really tasty!
Outback
Panera Salad/Sandwich
Chipotle - and I ate the whole thing and thought I might explode!
Chick-fil-a - at least twice
Salad Bar
Monster Sized Macadamia Nut Cookie

And probably other stuff that now escapes my memory. Needless to say, I did not eat real. Or even remotely healthfully. But I refuse to feel bad about it - I did what I had to do. Next week will be a better week!

::One::
Singapore Noodles (from Clean Eating June 2012)
Sesame Soy Cucumber - using this sauce.

::Two::
Hamburgers topped with Pineapple and Bacon
Rutabaga and Sweet Potato Fries
Watermelon

::Three::
Flank Steak with Orange Rice
Salad

::Four::
Pasta w/ Smoked Bacon, Butternut Squash, and Spinach
Salad

::Five::
Grilled Chicken
Amazing Kohlrabi
Steamed Broccoli
Here's to hoping for an only mildly crazy week!

1 comment:

  1. Don't know if it's just me... but love the wide variety of your meal combinations... great inspiration! Thanks

    CJR @ The Mami Blog
    http://cjrthemamiblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete